18 Feb Epoxy Terrazzo: The Ultimate Defense Against Water Damage
Epoxy Terrazzo: The Ultimate Defense Against Water Damage
Let’s face it: floors can withstand a lot, but accidents happen. And when it comes to flooring problems, water damage becomes a costly nightmare. From floods, plumbing leaks, and an overflowing tub, water can sneak its way under your floors. However, with epoxy terrazzo, you can fend off water damage. Let’s look into why terrazzo may be the best choice for keeping your floors around for many years to come.
Terrazzo, according to Oxford Dictionaries, is a flooring material consisting of chips of marble or granite set in concrete and polished to give a smooth surface. Dating back to the early 15th century, terrazzo can have transcended over the ages to become the premier flooring solution for both commercial and residential buildings.
There are many different systems for terrazzo. Epoxy terrazzo is made with epoxy resin which is known for its excellent water resistance and durability. Epoxy terrazzo creates a seamless, non-porous surface that helps prevents water from penetrating the floor. This makes it resistant to not just water, but also staining and the growth of mold and mildew.
Water Damages and Its Consequences
Once water seeps into your floors, it may be hard to repair. For some flooring choices, water damage will require a replacement. And trust us, replacing a water-damaged floor can cost you more over time. That is why we recommend selecting a durable flooring system like terrazzo to combat the need for ever replacing a floor.
Keep an eye out for these signs that your floor may be suffering from water damage:
- Dark spots: If you notice dark spots on your floor, it’s a strong indicator that mold or mildew has taken hold. These unsightly spots are often a result of excessive moisture and can be a sign of underlying water damages.
- Discoloration: Has the color of your floor changed from its original state? If so, it could be a sign that chemicals or contaminants present in water have altered the appearance of your flooring. The discoloration is a common consequence of water damage.
- Unpleasant odor: If you detect a musty or damp odor, it’s likely that moisture has built up beneath your floor. The presence of an odor suggests that water has made its way underground and is causing trouble.
- Cracks: Water has the power to wreak havoc on a floor’s structural integrity. If you spot cracks or fissures in your flooring, water damage could be the culprit. Over time, water can deteriorate the floor, leading to separation and even the breaking apart of floor materials.
- Texture changes: Water damage can alter the texture of your floor. A once-smooth surface may become rough or uneven due to water’s ability to expand and contract based on temperature changes. If your floor feels different than it used to, water damage could be the cause.
Water damage resulting from floods, sewage backups, or other sources of contaminated fluids can lead to a host of issues. Not only is the water unclean, carrying chemical residues, but it also becomes a breeding ground for harmful bacteria and viruses that can infiltrate the very foundation of your floors. This poses a serious health risk that should not be taken lightly. That’s why it’s crucial to take immediate action and clean up any spills promptly.
Carpet, tile, and hardwood flooring all face this issue. However, there is one type of flooring option that can resist water damages. Let us introduce terrazzo.
Water-Resistant Properties of Terrazzo
Terrazzo is reliable in protecting a floor from water damage. Because epoxy terrazzo is a non-porous surface, it repels water. As a result, this prevents water from causing any issues.
Benefits of Terrazzo in Preventing Water Damages
- Non-porous Surface: Terrazzo’s non-porous surface ensures that water never penetrates into the material.
- Resistance to Stains and Mold: Bid farewell to those stubborn stains and mold. Terrazzo’s water resistance means it doesn’t provide a welcoming environment for these unwelcome guests.
- Long-lasting Durability: Terrazzo is built to withstand the test of time. Its resistance to water damage ensures that your floors stay beautiful and intact for years to come, saving you from costly repairs or replacements.
- Low Maintenance: Who doesn’t love a flooring option that requires minimal upkeep? Terrazzo’s water-resistant properties mean you can spend less time worrying about spills and more time enjoying your floors. Routine cleaning is simple only requiring daily dust mopping and weekly damp mopping.
- Cost-effective Solution: When you factor in the long lifespan and low maintenance needs of terrazzo, it becomes an economical choice compared to other flooring options. It’s an investment that pays off in the long run.
When it comes to flooring choice, we recommend selecting a solid solution that will last forever without the need for replacement. Commercial property owners have praised terrazzo’s ability to save them on costs longterm. It’s a flooring solution that truly stands the test of time, and the results speak volumes.
We also share useful information all across our social media channels. Follow us today: